Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back to School Blog Hunt: Day 8, Subbing Freebies


Welcome to Day 8 of the Back to School Blog Hunt! I sure hope you have been following the previous days' posts on various blogs. Yesterday was April from A Modern Teacher. Thanks to her for directing you here. And don't forget to go visit Kathy at Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher who I am sharing today with.

For my back-to-school advice, of course I am headed in the subbing direction. Teachers, in the midst of all your preparations, don't forget about subs. And subs, don't forget you have some prep to do as well.

For Teachers
Prepare your sub tub or sub binder with all the information a sub would need: basic information, class list, class schedule, dismissal list, classroom management strategy, procedures, helpful numbers, etc. And don't forget to include emergency sub plans. Sure, when you know you are going to be out, it's no problem to write plans and gather materials. But there are always those last minute illnesses and other emergencies when you don't have time to write plans. You can find my Free Emergency Sub Plans under the tab at the top of the blog or on Teachers Pay Teachers. Finally, make sure you teach your sub expectations to your class before you have to be out.

For Subs
Make sure you have completed all the requirements for subbing in your district. I have to renew my sub badge every year and leave review forms for the teachers I sub for. Also make sure to gather your things for your sub bag of tricks. Include all your personal and office supply items as well as some emergency activities and plans for those just-in-case moments. I always have a read-aloud book or two in my bag also. And make sure you have some way of tracking your jobs and the pay.

For Everyone
I have created two freebies for those subbing days. Complete packets of forms for both subs and teachers are in my Teachers Pay Teachers store, and these freebies are part of those packets. The first is a Daily Summary Form to be left by a teacher or carried and left by a sub.


The second freebie is a Caught Being Good ticket classroom management system. The sub fills out a ticket for students exhibiting exceptional behavior, sends one part home to the parents and leaves the other part at school for the teacher.


Be sure to check in tomorrow for Day 9 of the Back to School Blog Hunt brought to you by Jessica of Mrs. Stanford's Class and Marsha at A Differentiated Kindergarten. Happy blog hunting!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for helping me stay ahead of the game and get organized before the school year starts! Now if I have to be out I am set! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks a lot for share this information is very well..

    jairo giraldo
    http://www.best-freebies.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for creating and sharing emergency sub plans! I've printed out and made my binder with your help!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! It was really a wonderful blog. Thanks for the provided information.
    Free Stuff

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...