Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy Birthday to Sub Hub!!!

Awwww! My baby is one year old today! They grow up so fast. It seems like just yesterday when Sub Hub was just a little bitty baby, and now it's grown into a bumbling toddler. Ha! Where did the time go? Starting Sub Hub has been such a good experience in my life. I thought to celebrate my cute little blog's birthday, I would do two things. First, what I know you all love... a freebie! I made (what else) a birthday freebie.

This is my You Are Special Classroom Birthday Card to celebrate your students' birthdays. Print one out (the two pages, front and back) and fold the card in half. Then the birthday kiddo's classmates can sign the card saying something that they like about the birthday kiddo. Now, the birthday kiddo has a special momento of their day.

The second thing I wanted to do to celebrate Sub Hub's birthday is to take a look back... a sort of Sub Hub retrospective. I have chosen my favorite post from each month that Sub Hub has been around. So, take a look back at the first year in the life of Sub Hub.

August 18, 2011 Give Students a Punch... No, Not That Kind. This is a quick and easy classroom management system that works well for one-day subs.

September 5, 2011 Easy Classroom Birthday "Presents." Of course, I had to choose another birthday post to give you another option to celebrate.

October 29, 2011 Easy (and FREE) Multiplication Lapbook. This is one of my all-time most popular posts. This lapbook template has been downloaded thousands of times. And I love that it has been able to help so many!

November 20, 2011 Run, Run, Run As Fast As You Can... And Catch These Gingerbread Lessons. Another super popular freebie, great to use in those last couple of weeks before Winter Break.

December 18, 2011 Filling Holiday Downtime with Snowman Stumper. A holiday twist on Hangman.

January 13, 2012 Need Tips of Getting Sub Jobs? I offer suggestions from my experiences that have earned me a good reputation as a sub and keep the calls coming in.

February 8, 2012 You Need a Thneed... and Some Free Lorax Lessons. By far my most popular post/freebie/lesson I have ever created!

March 5, 2012 Personal Word Walls. Classroom idea for differentiated personal word walls inside file folders.

April 9, 2012 Discover the Natural World for Earth Day. A hands-on idea perfect for Earth Day.

May 15, 2012 Let This Year's Students Help You Transition Next Year's Students. A freebie advice book template for the end of the school year.

June 25, 2012 When Subbing, Set the Tone Early. A helpful tip to get your subbing off on the right foot.

July 17, 2012 Feeling Swamped. A free Swamp Powerpoint Presentation.

Well, there you have it. Twelve months of blog posts highlighted. I have to close by saying thank you to everyone who has helped me and follows me. I owe a big shout out to Lorraine at Fabulous Fourth Grade Froggies. She is my friend in real life who started her blog around the same time as I did. She was gaining followers way faster than I was, so I asked her for advice. And she gave me the best suggestion ever. She hooked me up with Charity of The Organized Classroom Blog and so many more, but also Teaching Blog Traffic School. Between her blogging course, her friendship and support, and the collaborative connections I made within that group, my little baby blog grew up to be a healthy toddler. Also big shout outs to all the teacher-bloggers and Teachers Pay Teachers sellers. So many have helped Sub Hub along. It would certainly not be the blog that it is without the support of countless teacher-bloggers. I count myself lucky to be able to be a part of such a supportive and helpful community. Here is my Pinterest board listing this great community. Teacher-bloggers rock!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Bloggy Birthday! This blog is definitely more than a 'bumbling blogger!' This is the go-to place for subbing tips and ideas.

    Jana
    Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...